Monday, May 6, 2013

Meet Artist Martha Wallace, Ironstone Spring Obsession Accepted Artist


O-106  "Pink Peonie"  by Martha Wallace  wc  18x21  $425

Martha Wallace
marthawallaceart@att.net

My journey with watercolors is an ongoing adventure and after 30 years I still get excited whenever I start a new painting.  The possibilities of this medium are endless as long as you are willing to experiment, which means failure along with success.  As I tell my students, "It's not the destination, it's the journey".

My paintings are about my surroundings and life experiences. I sometimes work in a series of paintings and take my subject to the limit, going in as many directions as possible, adjusting mostly in my mind the composition, color, shape, texture, sunlight and shadow.  If I work from a limited sketch, I check for technical correctness, then it's "playtime". Continuing series include birds, nests, shells, leaves, window boxes, fruits and vegetables, flowers, plants and pottery from the Southwest.
O-105  "Trio of Lemons"  by Martha Wallace  wc  19x23  $525

I divide my time painting for myself and the galleries, teaching private classes to children and adults in my Murphys studio, and traveling to public schools to teach in the Arts in Education program. My paintings can be found at Tea Antiques and Art on main in Murphys, CA.  "Everyday I get to do something I love."

No comments: