Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meet Artist Linda Erickson, Spring Obsession OPEN DIVISION accepted Artist

Artist Linda Erickson
O-167 Sacred Ground at Chinese Camp  watercolor  21x14 $525

ARTIST'S STATEMENT

I have always been attracted to all design--whether it's interior 

decorating, textile design, or working with shapes and colors.  

Curiosity ignites my creativity--unusual shapes, shadows, and 

colors awaken my emotions, and that's what I want to impart 

through my art.

Watercolors are my favorite medium.  They are spontaneous, 

challenging and unforgiving, but when I watch the water and 

colorful paints begin to mingle and spread, it's exciting and once 

again I forgive their uniqueness and begin a new journey.  I also 

love the tactile softness and quietude of graphite and then there's 

the romance I have with mixed media.  I guess I love it all.

What I paint is a gift of myself and I hope the viewer appreciates 

the journey I traveled for each piece of my work.

ellesworld@att.net 

ASSOCIATIONS                                                   
Mendocino Art Center
O-166  Coquille Lighthouse  wc 14x21  $525
Alliance of California Artists
Clovis Art Guild

EDUCATION
4C's Business College
Fresno City College
               Art History, Textiles, Art Appreciation
CSUF Extended Education
               Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
Clovis Adult School
               Advanced Drawing - 5 years
Workshops upcoming:  Michael Reardon at Mendocino Art Center
Studied with:  Birgit O'Connor, Dale Laitinen, Jerome Grimmer, Nancy Collins, Susan Adams

SKILLS
Watercolor, mixed media, and graphite artist
Gallery curator
Fresno Art Museum Docent



AWARDS
2003 - 2004 Certificates of Recognition from the California State Assembly for participation in the Community ArtReach Program
2008 Big Fresno Fair - 1st place Advanced Watercolor
2008 Selected by the Fresno Arts Council for a special show at Fresno City Hall
Alliance of California Artists - Best of Show 2008, 1st place (drawing) 2010, 3rd place 2011
Clovis Art Guild - 1st place 2009,  2012, 2013, 2nd place 2012, 3rd place 2008, 2010
2012 Painting selected by Gallery Curator to hang in Mendocino Art Center's main gallery
2013  Juried into exhibit judged by Birgit O'Connor at Mendocino Art Center
2014 Juried into Ironstone Vineyards, Spring Obsession 2014 Competition

 PROFESSIONAL
Retired administrative aide from State Center Community College District

Current Gallery Associations:  Fresno Art Hub and Alliance of California Artists @ Sorensen's

No comments: