Monday, March 9, 2015

Meet Artist Judy Boles

Judy Boles Art

O-027  Stanislaus River - Big Trees  oil  12x16  $350

 As a girl, I took many cross country trips with my family, watching the varied landscapes go by. during those trips, my father instilled a sense of adventure and an appreciation for the beauty in all landscape: orchards, cornfields, lakes, mountains, sea coasts, and even barren deserts. Painting and drawing the things I saw became a favorite childhood pastime. After finishing college, I taught high school English and Art in Northern California for several years, but my art soon took a back seat to the joys of children and to the demands of the corporat world. Since my retirement in 2006, I have been pursuing my passion for art more fully.

O-024  Autumn Grapes  acrylic  11x14  $350

My work is a visual diary of scenes that have inspired me. The close observstion needed to render a scene on canvas makes me feel connected to the place. While living many years in Sonoma County, I was drawn to the coastal hills, the shoreline, and the wonderful vistas of the wine country. In 2011, my husband and I moved to Arnold CA, in the Sierra Nevada mountains, where we live in the awesome beauty of a National Forest. My new inspirations are mountain streams, alpine lakes, Sequoia trees and the constantly changing seasons.

O-028  Yellowstone Bison  oil  16x20  $350
Please visit my web gallery at: Romulo.com/jbolesart
Or email me at: rojubo@rojubo.com

No comments: