Monday, February 15, 2016

Meet Artist Deborah Marlene, Theme Division Accepted Artist

T-016  Stained Glass Daffs  wc 21x27  $450
Deborah Marlene
Watercolor Artist & Teacher
Mountain Ranch
& Mokelumne Hill, Ca.

I was born in Modesto, CA and migrated to Calaveras County 20 years ago. An artistic interest has always been part of my life. I can still recall the first day that they brought out the poster paints in Kindergarten.

I started with Acrylics in 1967, in a Saturday Honors Class. In High School, I studied oil painting and even landed a commissioned piece as a Senior.

Child rearing took a bit of time out of this lifelong passion, but did seem to pass rather quickly. I did manage one lass in oils, at Yuba Collage in the early 1990's.

In 1996, when my oldest Son left the nest, m urge to create an Art Room became a reality. Since I did have a younger Son in the home, I decided to try watercolors, because of the toxic fumes that oil paints involve.

It was the, that I began studying Watercolors with Lura Francis of Murphys. Besides 3 years with Lura, I attended quite a few Workshops with many talented local artists, in the late'90's and early 2000's.

I owned my own Gallery called Deborah Marlene's in Mokelumne Hill from August 1, 2014 to December 31, 2015. You may see more of my work on my website: deborahmarlenes.com.

I am a member of the Arts of Bear Valley, and actively participate in our show at the Bear Valley Music Festival and Big Trees State Park show. I began my professional career by showing at the Calaveras County Fair and try to make that a regular venue, too.

Now, after 20 years, Watercolors are my preferred medium. I am finding that with this experience, teaching some of my methods is a great way to imporve my own Artistic Path. I now am an Associate of Acme Art Moke Hill. In this "Creative Playground" of Anne Cook and Will Mosgrove, I have been offering an introduction to Watercolors class and will soon be offering an introduction to Feng Shui.

Feng Shui is one of my other passions. I received my Certification from the Western School of Feng Shui in Solano Beach, CA in 2007. This has propelled my Artistic Path in another direction. I often use my knowledge of the five elements of wood, water, fire, metal and earth when doing paintings. I once added a waterfall to a painting because of the practice and it sold quickly.

I love calling Calaveras County, HOME; and hope to use my talents to help people heal during the recovery from the Butte Fire.

Spreading the joy of Artistic Expression in my soul felt contribution to this life.
T-017   Along the way ...   wc  27x21  $3785

No comments: