Sunday, March 1, 2020

Meet Artist Cindy Walker

Cindy Walker
Artist’s Statement
O-016  Granpa's Grapes  by Cindy Walker  cp 25x29 $849.


Grandpa’s Grapes…a few suspended moments buying time enough to ask, ‘Had this view been acknowledged for its warmth and grace, for its portrayal of life, before the inevitable fade?’ My only response to that query was to bring this impression to you.  After collaring my internal questions, I squeezed the warm seconds from the scene, apprehending and resting in the consequences of peace and refreshment.  I hope you will take away at least a portion of the rewards.

In this colored pencil presentation, I wished to pay homage to the simple sites often taken for granted. A spot of an all too familiar entanglement in nature. The levels of color employed is intended to show the warmth of the day while owning its balance of shade. Applied in layers, I encouraged the shapes and shadows to reach out as promised, yet now can stay intact.
 
My art background is diverse.  My Bachelor of Arts degree in Studio Art represents my vast interests and capabilities.  I’ve always felt driven to learn the rules which, in turn, gives me the freedom to break those rules.  Along with extensive experience is drawing and painting (employing watercolor or acrylic paints), I have completed studies in ceramics, sculpture and fiber arts involving handmade paper, fabric manipulations, dying techniques, weaving, and basketry.  I continually enjoy doing mixed medium pieces and eagerly return to those challenges when I am not illustrating. 


My related employment also reflects my artistic composition. From a substantial and rewarding career as an Interior Designer, I transitioned to illustrating children’s books for the Tempe School District.  My move back to California launched a venture into the wonderfully creative environment of the Electronic Game Industry, where I benefited greatly from the use of cutting edge technology in creating two and three dimensional art for the final game production—Each of the opportunities in my career as an artist continues to rekindle my creativity in ways that could not otherwise be gained.   

No comments: