Sunday, March 1, 2020

Meet Artist Connie Romano

       
T-011 Color outside the lines by Connie Romano  oil 14x18 $245

 Spring Obsession 2020
        Expressing myself in the various forms of art has always been a part of my life.  My mother was a crafter.  My father created one painting when he was in Jr High that was just amazing in form, color, and depth.  He never pursued his talent with a brush but focused on science as his expression of creation. While neither of my parents was as obsessed with art as I am, they both had talent in creating and engaged in varied avenues of expression.

T-012  Just a touch  by Connie Romano  oil 8x10 $175
         

          I began drawing at a young age and always enjoyed it. I find it relaxing; a form of meditation, if you will.
        I did not, however, share that expression with anyone outside of my family until my husband, who was my greatest fan, encouraged me to submit several of my works to Ironstone.  Entry into the Spring Obsession is now an annual event for me.   The theme division is always a challenge as I find new ways to express the glory of a blooming daffodil.  And the open division allows me to present the diversity of what I create.
O-079 A Rose by Connie Romano oil 16x20 $575

         The competition is exciting but by no means the reason I submit every year.  I love coming up to this beautiful venue to wander among all the amazing art works that have been submitted by other artists and the glorious plantings maintained by Ironstone. I feel honored to have my works hang on the walls with such an array of expressions of the beauty that surrounds us.
Connie Carson-Romano

O-080 Calaveras Morning by Connie Romano acrylic 18x14 $325
O-081 Grandmas Bouquet by Connie Romano oil 10x13 $345
O-082 North Coast Break by Connie Romano acrylic 18x24 $435





No comments: