Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Meet Artist Roy Ishii


BIOGRAPHY FOR ROY ISHII


O-005 Asian Lilies by Roy Ishii  wc 18x24 $350


    I was born in Honololo, Hawaii on March 29, 1942. I attended the local elementary and high schools and then went on to Purdue University in Lafayette, Indiana where I completed a bachelor of science degree.  This was followed by four years of medical school at University of California in San Francisco. My medical training continued as an intern at Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center and two more years as a pediatric resident at Harbor General/UCLA Medical Center.

T-003 Daffodil Armada by Roy Ishii  wc 18x24 $350
    After my medical training was completed, I was inducted into the US Air Force where I served 2 years as a pediatric medical staff officer at Keesler Air Force Base in Bilozi, Mississippi. There, I met and married my wife Gayle.

    Once my military service was done, we moved to Lodi, California where I practiced general pediatrics for 37 years. Our family grew to include two daughters and now 2 grandchildren. Upon retirement in 2010, I had time to pursue some hobbies, one of which was watercolor painting. Fortunately, there were some very good watercolor artists locally (Deanna Hunt, Jeanne Janssen and Andrea Morris) who taught me the basics of watercolor and how to try to control a medium that very often has a mind of its own.

    I continue to enjoy the creative process and hope others might enjoy the work that is produced.

No comments: