Saturday, March 28, 2020

Meet Artits Sandra Campbell

SANDRA CAMPBELL


O-014  Amador Aspen  by Sandra Campbell  collage  17x21   $310.00
      I love color and expreimentation. My subjects include landscapes, florals, still life and animals. Initially, I worked only with soft pastels but sine have branched out into collage and acrylics, often combining these into mixed media pieces. Lately, I've created some abstract works, a complete departure for someone who used to produce only realistic art.


O-015 Tuscany Flowering Olives by Sandra Campbell pastel  16x19  $280.00
      For pastels, I like to work on sanded surfaces, which allow for more layers of color. When people hear the work 'pastel,' they may think o f soft colors. But what attracts me to this medium is the possibility for vibrant oranges, brilliant yellows, and intense purples and reds.


T-010  Yellow Daffodils  by Sandra Campbell, mm 10x20   $235.00
      Mixed media pieces utilize traditional canvasses, canvas panels or illustration board. Most of my collage pieces are fabricated from rice or similar type papers, which come in a variety of textures. Most recently, I've been working on 6 x 6 inch surfaces for both collage and acrylics.


      Landscapes are created both from my own photographs and by working plein air with fellow artists in an American Association of University Women's art group. Many of the finished products are featured at the art show during the AAUW annual home tour. I also show my work during the local studio tour.


      Amador County is alive with artists who inspire me and suppor my efforts. Periodically, I take a college class or an artist's workshop which may send me in a new direction. Membership in the Amador County Artists Association and Arts Council provides collegial support as does my AAUW art group. My work is on display at the Sutter Creek Gallery at 35 Main Street, Sutter Creek. View additional images on my website at  www.sandracampbellart.com

No comments: