Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meet Artist Connie Carson - Romano, Spring Obsession Theme Division accepted Artist

Connie Carson-Romano                

                                           
           Art is an expression of the way the Artist views the world in which he lives.  Through my paintings, I try to communicate the emotions that made the subject something I wanted to share with others whether it is joy, serenity, or the excitement of the beauty of nature.  I know I have succeeded at my Art when someone looks at a painting or drawing and says, “That painting makes me feel….”           

            Expressing myself through art has always been a form of meditation and relaxation for me.  Acrylic paint is my favored medium; I love the way it works and forms on the canvas.  Recently I have discovered a new joy in oil paints; the viscosity of the medium that allows for extended outdoor work whether it is on a windy beach or a dry desert landscape.
         The colors that are present in nature are phenomenal and I love trying to create the same shades.  Having been raised in the mountains of New Mexico I found myself immersed from an early age in the amazing palate of nature and the challenge of trying to recreate that on canvas.  Now as a resident of Northern California, I am awed at the diversity of landscapes we live in and the unlimited array of challenges awaiting my brushes.

          Two Artists looking at the same object or same landscape will create completely different expressions of what they see.  I find it is amazing and exciting that so many different interpretations of the world around us are available through the eyes of Artists.  I love visiting galleries and museums to view the varied presentations of life as expressed by different individuals.  It is my pleasure that I am able to add my own personal expressions to this collection.

No comments: