Friday, March 28, 2014

Meet Artist Robert Feigen, Spring Obsession Open Division Accepted Artist

Robert Feigen
O-137  RatzNKatz Symbiosis 2013  acrylic  $1850

My name is Robert Feigen and I am the artist that has performed the attached painting. I am a graduate of California Polytechnic College in Pomona, California with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Behavioral Science and in Business Administration. I have studied for three years at the Sonora Arts Academy and have been an artist for fifteen years. I am now retired and have chosen to focus on my passion for painting and the arts.

My fifty pieced "RatzNKatz" series is a primitive, anthropomorphic, mystical, fantasy, humorous artistic presentation and is my own style of painting in oil and acrylics. The vivid colors and the action of the characters are an expression of myself for a world of happiness and harmony through strength and balance in the face of potential adversity. There is also some sauciness and arrogance thrown in at times. If the viewer stops, looks, laughs, and smiles then leaves only to come back again I will have been successful in my artistic intent.

The RatzNKatz characters in the paintings have human-like faces and qualities and the Ratz with the exaggerated bodies interact to symbolize both the struggles to coexist and to challenge each other with the underdog (Ratz) being in control of the dominant species (Katz).  The themes in each painting are unique and expressive within a particular genre. The "RatzNKatz Symbiosis 2013" is number forty seven (#47) in the Series and depicts the annual meeting between the Ratz and Katz Clans to peacefully coexist in a harmonious way. Of course there is a whole lot of cheating and mischief going on as well as the teasing amongst the characters and between the Ratz N Katz.

The original paintings and stories in the series are for sale. However, the rights to reproduction are not. Whe the paintings are actually reporduced in a limited edition series, the buyer/seller will be entitled to a percentage commission. Therefore, it is a win/win for everyone.

I want to thank you for your interest in my art.

robertfeigen@gmail.com

No comments: