Thursday, April 25, 2013

Meet Artist Janis Pastore-Smith, Ironstone Spring Obsession Accepted Artist

JANIS PASTORE-SMITH

O-080  Sunflowers and Lemons  by Janis Pastore-Smith oil  16x20  $1250
An early interest in drawing followed by watercolor classes in high school made it an easy decision to continue my love of art at the University of the Pacific. At Pacific, I studied with Professors/artists Larry Walker, Richard Reynolds and Richard Yip.  After graduation in 1968 with a degree in art I began a 25-year teaching career. Between teaching and raising a family with husband Andy, there was little time to devote to my art.  It wasn't until after retirement in 2008 that I returned to my passion, studying water color and drawing from Deanna Hunt through the Pacific's Osher Program.  I continued my studies at Pacific under the tutelage of Professor and artist Lucinda Kasser.  There I began working in oils, discovering my passion for the rich, vibrant colors and energetic brush strokes the medium allows.  y landscapes are inspired by travels through Italy and France and by many trips into the Sierra Nevada and the majestic seaside areas in and around Pacific Grove.  I continued exploring the medium, expanding into the area of still life, taking workshops with artist Peggi Kroll-Roberts. My current work continues with still life paintings and landscapes that reflect my love of the natural beauty of California.

2013, Ironstone Vineyards, Murphys, CA 16th Annual Spring Obsession Show
Nov. 2012, featured artist, Goodwin Gallery, Stockton, CA
2012, 1st. place, Woodridge Winery, Acampo, CA.
2011, 2nd place, Goodwin Gallery, Stockton, CA
2011, Mustlin Gallery Show, Modesto, CA
2011, 2nd place, Woodbridge Winery, Acampo, CA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Janis, It has been well over 40 years but it has been great to come across your work on Google .Be well. Larry Walker