Thursday, February 12, 2015

Meet Artist Popi Tyler, Spring Obsession THEME Division accepted artist

Popi Tyler
Artist
Santa Rosa,
California

T-007  Garden District  watercolor  22x15  $980


I was born here in this gorgeous land of Northern California, with childhood memories of riding my horse through Gravenstein Apple orchards and cattle ranches. I learned to be alone and observe the beauty of nature and the way things grow.

My formal education includes over 40 years of art classes and workshops. I have studied ceramics and painting in California, Mexico, and Hawaii. My training at Linecona Academy of Art in Honolulu opened my eyes to the endless joys of watercolor.

T-008  Bourbon Street  watercolor ink  22x15  $980
Recently, I have studied with Dale Laitinen, of Mountain Ranch, California, who continually teaches me to see new things in our landscape all around us.

To me, there is nothing better than a day painting with my husband and friends. I have such wonderful painting buddies -- each one is precious to me.

Good friends, beautiful views - what could be better!

No comments: