Saturday, April 28, 2018

Meet Artist Jan Freischlag, Spring Obsession Artist


Jan Freischlag




I began my fascination with art in Wiesbaden, Germany in 1989, where I learned a type of German folk art painting called Bauernmalerei. After five years in Germany, I returned to the U.S. with my husband and began to broaden my painting skills. We moved to ​Lake Tahoe, CA, where I was fortunate enough to befriend Lola Owen, my mentor and owner of Lakeside Gallery. While working with Lola Owen, I became more accomplished, and began painting in oils as well as most painting mediums such as water color, acrylic, and gouache . I began to get commissions for pet portraits and various other subjects which are wide in range. My husband and I now reside in Ione, California, at Lake Camanche, with a parrot and four cats. I have a very productive garden, am an orchid enthusiast, gourmet cook and paint whenever possible

No comments: