Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Meet Artist Connie Carson-Romano, Spring Obsession accepted artist

T-011  Windblown Daffodisl  acrylic  14x11  $90
Connie Carson-Romano

    Art is an expression of the way the artist views the world in which he lives.  It is the sharing of a life experience by the artist whether in paint, the written word, or in music.

    I cannot remember a time in my life when I was not writing, drawing, or painting. Acrylic paint is my favored medium. I love the way it works and forms on the canvas. Having been raised in New Mexico I found myself immersed in the amazing palate of nature and the challenge of trying to recreate those colors on canvas from an early age. Now as a resident of Northern California for 25 years, I continue to live in awe at the world we live in.

T-010  The Heart of It  acrylic  24x18  $145
    In addition to my paintings, I have found an expressive voice in the written word. In the 1990[s I was published for 6 years in a local newspaper as the creator of the cartoon strip "Cody Coyote". Cody is a fun combination of my drawings and verbal expression of the humorous side of life.  Cody has returned to the stage with his own web page and can be visited at codycoyotesworld.com.

    My first book, The other Side of the Gurney, published in February of 2015, A collection of stories from my years in public service and the lessons I learned from those I served, it reached the #1 spot in category on the Amazon bestseller list in June of last year.

    I find it is amazing and exciting that so many different interpretations of the world around us are available through the eyes of artists. It is my pleasure that I am able to add my own personal expression to this collection.

No comments: