Sunday, February 28, 2016

Meet Artist Melissa Doyel, Ironstone Spring Obsession accepted artist

T-020  Tulip Melody acrylic  12x13  $350
Melissa Doyel

I’ve drawn, painted or hand crafted most of my life, but sometimes with too long of breaks of no art!  After moving to Fiddletown from the Bay area in 2008, I was able to devote more time on my art and I’ve been consistent ever since pursuing my passion despite still working full time.    
I work in many mediums including watercolor, acrylics, pastels and oils and like to let the subject ‘speak’ to me on which medium to use.   I enjoy painting a variety of subject matter, especially animals, portraits and floral.    I’ve been incredibly fortunate to find amazing teachers and artists in Amador County that I can learn from and explore new ideas and techniques.
I’m proud my work has been accepted into multiple regional juried shows as well as having received Best of Division, Best of Show and multiple 1st and 2nd place awards in the Amador County fairs.
I love painting in watercolor because of the transparency of the colors and the different effects you can achieve.  Working in oil, acrylics and pastels has opened up a completely new way of approaching my work and what I want to paint.  I like to challenge myself and learn something with every painting, which keeps me growing as an artist.   I hope you enjoy my paintings and will continue to follow my work and enjoy the journey with me.
You can see my work at the Sutter Creek Co-Op Gallery in Sutter Creek.    You can also find my work throughout Amador County businesses through the Art in Public Places program.
Melissa Doyel
Fiddletown, CA


No comments: