Saturday, February 18, 2012



Photographer & sculptor Mark Bergstrom has installed several of his outdoor water sculptures in the gardens at Ironstone Vineyards.
Rustic recycled materials seem to fit right into the landscape with old pumps and rusty tanks. You can just imagine the miners pumping water from one of these during the Gold Rush... the horses hitched to an old wagon getting a refreshing drink from one of the old metal tanks...  

"The great outdoors and our country's precious natural heritage have been a passion of mine since my early childhood. I have been fortunate to have travelled throughout the world but my roots are here in Tuolumne County, California where I grew up in rural east Sonora. My growing up years were spent cavorting in the outdoors... fishing in creeks, gigging frogs, swimming in farm ponds and hunting small game.

 My Father was a large animal veterinarian and I spent countless hours with my Dad on ranch calls and today I enjoy cowboying for local ranchers branding and driving cattle.  Attending rodeos is a big favorite for me as well as fly fishing, hunting, hiking and camping.

I returned to Sonora three years ago after a 39 year hiatus that took me to Davis, Los Angeles, Saudi Arabia, Cincinnati and San Francisco pursuing my professional career in management consulting and running a variety of large nonprofit organizations.



Building water fountains and photography have been a means of capturing my love of the great outdoors. Much of my inspiration for constructing fountains comes from my artistic bend and the incredable effects of soothing water sounds. I spend many days flyfishing our country's blue ribbon wild trout fisheries, ranging from tiny gurgling brooks to roaring, boulder-strewn rivers. Many of the fountain components come off local ranches in Tuolumne County."



All of Mark's fountains are available for sale here at Ironstone. Mark will assist you with loading and offer full instructions on each piece.  Mark also has a few of his award winning photos available in our tasting room. There is a photo below of the display.

Hope you have the time to stop by Ironstone to take a look at these fun water fountains. Perhaps you will see one that fits perfectly in a corner of your yard, close enough to the patio or a window to allow you that peacefull sound of water flowing.

No comments: