Friday, January 25, 2013

Meet Artist Lorraine Lawson, Theme Division Accepted Artist 2013


Lorraine Lawson


Artist’s Statement

Born in Liege, Belgium and inspired by my great-grandfather’s work, I knew from a young age that becoming a fine artist was my destiny. Although my style is clearly my own, Gustave Flasschoen has been the motivator in pursuing the life of an artist and finding my own voice.
“Art has the power to make us see things from a different perspective”
The creative process invites scrutiny of the highest level. To create works of substance and quality that rivals the masters before me requires endless self-examination.
As a self-taught artist, defining my style became the ever-evolving quest for identity. Abstract expressionism, with an emphasis on “lyrical abstraction” has resonated with me and has become my style of expressing my intent and having my audience relate to it.
“I search for meaning beyond what I see.”
My abstract works not only encompass the formal elements of composition, color, value, and texture, but communicate concepts, mindset, ideas, and emotion. My work evolves along with my relation to the natural world. Culture and lifestyle are themes that invite the viewer to develop a connection to my work.
T-028  Sunny Disposition by Lorraine Lawson  mix media  48x36  $2800
T-029  Spring has Sprung by Lorraine Lawson  mix media 48x36  $2800
Because of my love of nature’s beauty and magnificence, I also explore the comfort found in more traditional landscape paintings.

No comments: