Thursday, February 21, 2013

Meet Artist Judy Boles, Ironstone Spring Obsession OPEN Division Artist



Judy Boles Art  

While taking family roadtrips as a girl, my father taught me to see the beauty in any landscape: orchards, corn fields, lakes, mountains, sea coasts ...and even barren desserts. Painting and drawing became my favorite childhood pass time. After getting a teaching credential from Chico State University, I taught high school English and Art in
northern California. However, my art soon had to take a back seat
to raising children and a career in the corporate world. Since
retiring in 2006, I am now able to pursue my passion for art once
again.

My art is a sort of visual diary of places or scenes that have moved
me. The observation required to render a scene on paper or canvas
makes me feel closer to the scene and to nature in general. While
living many years in Petaluma, CA, I was drawn to coastal hills, the
shoreline, and the wonderful vistas of the wine country. In 2011, my husband and I moved to Arnold, CA, in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

We now live in the natural beauty of a national forest. My new
inspirations: mountain streams, alpine lakes, redwood trees and
the constantly changing seasons.

Visit my web gallery at: rojubo.com/jbolesart
Or email me at: rojubo@rojubo.com




No comments: