Monday, September 23, 2019

Meet Artist Anthony Pooler this Saturday!


Artist Anthony Pooler will be on site at Ironstone's Concourse d 'Elegance this Saturday. 



Anthony Pooler, Painter
I have painted all my life except for about fifty years when I decided to make a living. Art instruction at UC Berkeley and Cal State Hayward gave me the artistic fundamentals. Upon my retirement I rekindled my interest in creating images. I started with classic cars, but rather quickly expanded to landscapes, seascapes, and abstract works. During my time in the world of business I was lucky enough to have opportunities to travel (sometimes on business, sometimes for fun) but I always traveled with a sketchbook and a camera. My wife, Peni and I still travel, and I still collect material for my paintings. In addition, our valley and surroundings are rich with subject matter.

I usually paint in my studio because I have more tools at my disposal. But I find there is a singular joy in plein air painting.

I paint in a variety of media, watercolor, oil, acrylic, and “other”.

I paint to please myself. I find almost every painting evokes a moment, and an emotion associated with that moment. My hope is that you enjoy my work and share the joy of my moments.


No comments: