Saturday, January 23, 2021

Meet Artist Barbara Hall

 

Barbara Hall, Artist

Artist Statement

 







O-070 Summer Tiger Lilies by Barbara Hall wc 17x23 $670

O-071 Afternoon Rose by Barbara Hall wc 8x8 $350
As a contemporary painter, I delight in painting that which captures my eye and spirit. My subjects are varied, from landscapes, flowers,  cityscapes, portraits, to imaginative intuitive themes, in watercolor and acrylic. My summer studio, in the northern California mountains, soothes and inspires, with its peaceful quiet of woodlands, forest, meadows, creeks and ponds. I enjoy winter ‘down the hill’ in the foothills, and often take off for the coast north of San Francisco, where I  grew up. Traveling affords me time to reignite excitement and adventure & my watercolor travel journal is always close by.       “When I paint, I smile.”

O-072 Southwest Sun Time by Barbara Hall acrylic 11x14 $370

 



When painting, my intention is for my artwork to be a reflection of living with an open heart, open mind, and open eyes. A sense of wonder inspires my art, and my hope is that my art touches others in this way.

 

T-016 Turning Toward the Light by Barbara Hall mm 17x22 $560


 

Bio

 

B.A. Fine Arts, Drawing & Painting, San Francisco State University

Studied with: Dorner Schueler, Lavere Hutchings, Nicholas Simmons,

Paul Heussenstamm of Laguna Beach, and Shiloh Sophia of Sonoma. 

 



T-017 Farmers market Thistle t by Barbara Hall wc 23x17 $560

Galleries:   Bolinas Gallery, CA, Glory Hole Gallery, CA

 

Books:  Grandma’s School of Life, by Sulara James, Illustrated by Barbara Hall

 

Memberships:  California Watercolor Association, Arts of Bear Valley, Calaveras Arts Council, Motherlode Art Association of Tuolumne County.

 

 

Facebook: Love Creek Art        Instagram:  barbarahallstudios.artist

                  

Website:  Barbara Hall Studios  (www.barbarahallstudios.com)

No comments: