Saturday, January 23, 2021

Meet Artist Vickie Chew

Vickie Chew 

T-005 Incipient-Bloom-by Vickie-Chew oil 16x20 $600


















Painting for me is a joy, challenge and mental escape all in one. Most of us Artists fall in love with a scene for variety of reasons just as you may fall in love with a particular surrounding or place. I love the challenge of trying to capture the essence of what is before me, whether it be a barn, trees, lakes or ocean. It is all about recreating and capturing the light, character and personality of the scene, nothing else exists when I paint, as I lose myself to the painting “zone.” I began painting over twenty years ago so that I could escape to the zone from work but found my passion in the process. I am mostly self-taught along with many hours spent at workshops, video’s and outings with my favorite mentors. 

O-032 The Italian Store by Vickie Chew oil 12x16 $600

I do Impressionistic oil paintings in Plein Air, Studio, Murals and Commissioned pieces. I use brush and palette knife and very minimum mediums. My work is always sealed, signed and numbered on the back of the canvas. 

 Juried member of: 

California Art Club Oil Painters of America
American Impressionist Society
American Women Artist's

No comments: