|T-019 My First Love wc 16x20 $350|
|T-018 Sally's Garden wc 16x20 $350|
Amber Palmer Art Biography
Amber Palmer has lived in the Northern California Valley since birth. Images of expansive skies, rivers, tall grass, symmetrically planted orchards and rice marshes are living memories. As an artist, her paintings and photography are influenced by the mood and atmosphere of the changing seasons. She continues to find her personal creative voice through watercolor media and photography. Her work has been exhibited in national juried exhibitions, invitational shows, museums, and commercial galleries. Amber states: “I find a state of reverie and focused meditation while in the creative process.”
While obtaining her Bachelor of Arts at California State University, Chico, Amber studied under Ann Pierce and Sal Casa and continues to utilize them as her mentors. Amber obtained a Master’s degree in counseling, psychology from the University of San Francisco and is a licensed marriage family therapist. She has been working in private practice for the past 30 years counseling individuals and groups and uses the creative arts and art therapy as a major role in the healing process. She continues to conduct conferences utilizing art therapy and creative expression.
Amber’s contributions and recognitions include but are not limited to the following:
· Volunteered as the fine art consultant for Patrick Ranch Museum: coordinating art shows, children’s activities and fundraisers in the museum
· Fine Arts Consulting Business – Coordinates art workshops for local and national artists and teach individual lessons and group workshops on water media techniques. Mind Vacations through Watercolor.
· Coordinated the Gateway Museum’s community garden: art show and a children’s art program in coordination with the nutrition program through CSUC.
· Past Chairperson of the Butte County Water Color Society.
· Past regional and state director for Very Special Arts.
· Past chairperson of the Chico Arts Center.
· Curated art exhibitions at the Ronald Regan Library Gallery, Children's Gallery in the California State Capital, California Governor’s Chambers and several private galleries.
· Local Awards: 6 time recipient of the Chico Mayor’s Award, Chico Art Council Annie Award
· Exhibited work – Many local and national juried exhibitions and galleries. Currently: paintings and photography on exhibit at Chico Museum, Sally Dimas Gallery, Patrick Ranch Museum, and Amber Palmer Gallery.
· Chico News & Review “Voice of Visual Arts” for Artober 2010.