Thursday, March 24, 2016

Meet Artist Jeanette Crawford Baird, Ironstone Spring Obsession artist

O-143 Lotus Garden  oil  40x30  $2400

Jeanette Crawford Baird

Artist Statement




For me, my painting is about learning to see light in new and different ways, how it affects color and form. It is about developing a deeper way of expressing myself that hopefully, resonates with the viewer.  As I grow as an artist, obtaining clarity of sight has become exciting.  I paint in both acrylics and oils, with my passion being portraiture, especially vintage photos.  There is something that resonates with me in trying to capture the gesture and expression of a person at a precise moment in time.
O-144  Lavendar Fields  oil  16x20  $850

Currently, I am exhibiting with a group of seven artists –Bay Area Studio Artists (BASA) as well as curating several solo shows for the upcoming year.  Art has become an incredible focus in my life as I see where this journey may take me.  I feel like I have discovered my voice through my painting.  What an incredible experience!

O-145  Sound of Silence  oil  24x30  $1640
Jeanette Crawford Baird
       jeanettebaird.com


GALLERIES:

2008 – 2014 - Lafayette Art Gallery, Lafayette, CA
2009 - 11 - Blackhawk Gallery, Danville, CA
2008 - 09 - Pioneer Art Gallery, Danville, CA
2008 – 11 - Valley Arts Gallery, Walnut Creek, CA


EXHIBITS:

Collector Art in Berkeley, CA and San Francisco, CA; Artist Markets, Lafayette Art Walk; Chow Restaurant in Lafayette & Danville, CA; Lafayette Art & Wine Festival; Open Studios; Permanent Installation at Old Town Theater - Lafayette, CA;  Marilyn Citron O’Rourke Art Gallery – Benicia, CA; Orinda Library; Danville Art in the Park; Village Theater Art Gallery – Danville, CA ; Blackhawk Bistro; Mason Wine Cellars in Napa, CA; Orinda Book Store - Orinda, CA; Chimney Rock Winery in Napa, CA


ARTISTS THAT I HAVE STUDIED WITH:


v Jeanette LeGrue, Peggie Kroll-Roberts, Timothy Horn, Bryan Mark Taylor, Randy Sexton, Camille Przewodek, Brian Blood, Wanda Kemper, Marcy Wheeler, Sandy Ostrau, Carol Marine, Ken Auster 

No comments: