Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Meet Artist Vaughn Lew, Spring Obsession accepted Artist

W. Vaughn Lew
Murphys, CA.
T-014  New Spring  pastel  17x25  $700

    I have been drawing since I can remember, and that lead me eventually to major in commercial art at Sacramento State. Our instructor was DeWitt Whistler Jayne, a prominent commercial artist, illustrator, and portrait painter.  He was a huge influence.

O-116  Lewis Ranch Road  oil  18x24  $700

    After graduation I went on to get a teaching credential and was fortunate to get an art teaching job at Elk Grove High School. I taught art for several years, but decided to get into construction.
    I eventually became a contractor and worked at that profession until my wife Glenda, daughter Melissa and I moved to Murphys in 2008, and built a home. That's when I started painting again. My mediums are oil, pastels and prismcolor pencils.
    One thing is certain, art requires a commitment. I fell that I now have a bit more time and space to concentrate on my painting. landscapes, townscapes, wildlife, portraits, old cars and machinery, and any other "good stuff" I like are my subjects. My goal is to create images that are well composed, spacial, and form-full, and that bring the viewer an opportunity to pause and reflect.

No comments: