Monday, February 24, 2020

Meet Artist Jenny Briggs


Jenny Briggs

O-006 Poppy by Jenny Briggs  oil  36x48 $1400


 An oil painter for 25 years, Jenny is known for creating a story with her work.  Her unique style uses color, composition, and techniques that invite you to step into the story and linger a while to discover or imagine the little stories within.

O-007 Orange-Pansy- by Jenny Briggs  oil  36x36 $1200


 Jenny has participated in many shows and events, including “Big Names, Small Art” at the Crocker Art Gallery in Sacramento CA, Western Art Week in Great Falls, Montana, and most recently won Best in Show and Peoples Choice awards in the Folsom Arts Association Members Show in Folsom CA with her “Curious Grizzly” painting.



Believing that every painting she creates is a special gift for someone, Jenny says “I imagine that person as I paint, and I’m so excited that I have the honor of creating a treasure for them.  God gave me this gift to share, and I feel so honored to be the one to make this art.”



A collector recently stated, “…so rich in wonderful colors…her creative use of color in an unexpected way brilliantly enhances the subject.”
O-008 Spring-Bulbs  by Jenny Briggs  oil  30x24  $850


 To the question “What is your mission as an artist?”, Jenny answers, “It might seem too simplistic to some, but I love watching someone smile when they look at one of my paintings.  It means to me that it made them feel good, and that for a moment they are distracted from the hurts, worries, or stresses in their life.  I like that very much!”

No comments: