Monday, February 10, 2020

Meet Artist Patricia Gould


ANGEL   FIRE   DESIGNS
Patricia Gould
12620 Towner Ave NE Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112    505-670-6364 patriciacgould@gmail.com    www.angelfiredesigns.com


O-035 A-Question-of-Balance_ by Patricia Gould MM 35x24 $2500

Patricia grew up in Bellport, NY and never wanted to be anything other than an artist. She was writing stories and illustrating them at 6 years old so it was natural that she majored in fine art and art history in college. 
 In 2005, Patricia was chosen to be an Artist-in-Residence for a month in Balatonfured, Hungary. In 2009, she was invited to exhibit her fiber art at the Florence Biennale. Included among the dozens of awards that Patricia has won for her fiber art, she won a Niche Award in 2008 and again in 2013. The State of New Mexico has purchased and installed 10 of Patricia’s landscapes as part of the Art in Public Places Program at various sites around New Mexico.
O-037 Moonrise-Shiprock by Patricia Gould MM 35x25 $2500

“My inspiration comes from travel in Asia, East Africa, Russia, Antarctica, and extensive travel throughout North America and Europe. I’m drawn to a few subjects in nature that I find perpetually intriguing and my voice is whispering a tribute to the incredible beauty in both the subtle and violent forces of nature, only touched by the hand of humans on rare occasions. I’m obsessively drawn to trees, rocks, all forms of water, and animals; I portray these subjects as if they were asking to me to reveal their messages to the world. 
 Although my first passion as an artist was photography, I spent over 20 years creating my visions in mixed media fiber art before deciding to concentrate my creative energy on paintings and photography. My paintings, photographs, and fiber art are dramatic portraits of Earth and I hope to draw the viewers into these scenes to share the exhilaration I feel and to cherish the wonders of the place we call home.”

No comments: