Monday, February 10, 2020

Meet Artist Linda R. Abbott





Linda R. Abbott



O-042 No Trespassing by Linda Abbott oil 18x22 $895

I have been painting for nearly 30 years---in watercolor, pastel, and oil---and consider myself primarily an oil painter at this stage.  I am a devoted plein air painter, preferring to paint out in the landscape above all else. To experience the surroundings in natural light, to observe, and to respond on canvas brings me great satisfaction. 


O-041 From-Fire-and-Ice by Linda Abbott oil 28x22x$1300


I have been a member of the Oil Painters of America, the American Impressionist Society, and the California Art Club.  Over the years, I have been juried into their regional and national exhibits.  I have also exhibited work in California in the Madera County “Celebrating Agriculture With Art” show, the Stockton Art League exhibit at the Haggin Museum, Yosemite Renaissance, Cal Expo Art Exhibit, and shows at the Carnegie Art Center in Turlock, CA.  I have also participated numerous times in juried paintouts in Carmel, Mendocino, and Sacramento.  All of these events/exhibits are juried, and I have received awards at most of them.


O-043 West-of-Pohono 2  by Linda Abbott oil 18x18 $1100


My husband and I lived and worked in Yosemite National Park for thirty years before moving to work in Yellowstone National Park for five years.  I currently split my time between Arnold, CA, and Merced in California's central valley. 



My work is currently shown at the Ridgeline Gallery in Mariposa and the Gallatin River Gallery in Big Sky, Montana, as well as on my website.




No comments: