Saturday, February 5, 2022

Meet Spring Obsession Artist Debbie Jaynes

 

T-014_blue_iris_by Debbie Jaynes wc 30x24 $550




My name is Debbie Jaynes, and I am a watercolor artist in Northern California. My paintings seek to capture the beautiful details of life in photo-realistic color – from the produce and flowers in my backyard garden to the wildlife native to our area. I am particularly drawn to capturing expression in animals’ eyes, along with the exquisite detail of flowers.

 

T-015 yellow_dahlia_by Debbie Jaynes wc 20x26 $550
FAMILY MERIT AWARD



Landscape designer, gardener, mom— I've had many titles and careers over the years, but “artist” is a fairly recent one! I started watercolor painting with friends about 4 years ago. Then, what started as a hobby quickly became a passion and a small business. I now do many commissioned pieces including adorable pets and wildlife. I am also currently illustrating a children’s book. One of my true passions is to see others’ joy when I deliver a completed piece, especially when I know it means a lot to the individual to have a beloved pet or project commemorated with loving detail.

 

God has blessed me with a wonderful talent that I am truly thankful for, and I love the opportunity to use painting as a way to connect with friends and neighbors.

No comments: