Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Meet Artist Cathryn Strong, Ironstone Spring Obsession accepted artist

Cathryn Strong, Groveland, CA
O-052  Bridge near Awanhee  watercolor  32x38  $630

 I re-discovered my love of watercolor in 2009 when I participated in a local watercolor class at Mt. Sage Nursery, Groveland.  As a Plein air artist, I try to attend as many watercolor workshops as I can and paint in Yosemite whenever I get the chance, and of course, with the MLAA Plein Air Painting group which enables me to paint throughout the “Gold Country”.
O-053  Call to the Mountains  watercolor  20x26  $450

Currently, I am a member of The Mother Lode Artist’s Association, Sierra Professional Artists, and Benicia Arts and show at the MLAA Aloft cooperative gallery in Sonora. As for education, I graduated from U.C. Davis and attended San Jose State University for postgraduate courses.


For the past two years, I have been juried into Ironstone’s Art Show (Spring Obsession) and was part of the 150th Yosemite celebration (Sierra Professional Artists) Art Show in Groveland, CA.

No comments: