Friday, April 1, 2016

Meet Artist Judy Boles, Ironstone 2016 Spring Obsession accepted artist

O-146  Shore Patrol  oil  15x36  $450
Judy Boles Art








As a girl, I took many cross country road trips with my family, watching the varied landscapes go by. During those trips, my father instilled a sense of adventure and an appreciation for the beauty in all landscape: orchards, cornfields, lakes, mountains, sea coasts, and even barren deserts.  Painting and drawing the things I saw became a favorite childhood pass time.  After finishing college, I taught high school English and Art in Northern California for several years, but my art soon took a back seat to the joys of children and to the demands of the corporate world. Since my retirement in 2006, I have been pursuing my passion for art more fully.

O-149  Mendocino Coast  oil  18x24  $375
 My work is a visual diary of scenes that have inspired me. The close observation needed to render a scene on canvas makes me fell connected to the place. While living many years in Sonoma County, I was drawn to the coastal hills, the shoreline, and the wonderful vistas of the wine country. IN 2011, my husband and I moved to Arnold, CA, in the Sierra Nevada mountains, where we live in the awesome beauty of a national forest. My new inspirations are mountain streams, alpine lakes, Sequoia trees and the constantly changing seasons.

O-150  Sedona Schnebley Lookout  oil  18x24  $375

Please visit my web gallery at:  rojubo.com/jbolesart

Or email me at:                           rojubo@rojubo.com

No comments: