Saturday, April 30, 2016

Meet Artist Elizabeth Willmon, Ironstone Spring Obsession accepted artist

Elizabeth Willmon



O-055  Wine and Orchids  watercolor  20x30  $1200

Artist Statement

I love to paint the designs and patterns created by light and shadow in everyday objects all around me. While I paint in a realistic style, I add my own interpretation by laying down many layers of transparent watercolor. These layers create glowing color, emphasizing the design that first caught my eye.

I paint because I never grow tired of watching the vibrant colors I put on the paper mingle and transform something ordinary into something that commands attention from the viewer.

Bio

Originally from Clovis, I have been surrounded by creativity for as long as I can remember. My mother was a fiber artist and my father was a jeweler and furniture designer. In the evenings as they were sketching ideas for their designs, I would draw portraits.

I fell in love with watercolor when I took Dan Petersen's classes at Modesto Junior College. After raising a family and then finishing my Bachelor's degree I have come back to watercolor because it feeds my soul.

I currently live in Modesto with my husband and our little Tibetan spaniel, Cookie. I paint every day in my studio which overlooks a beautiful courtyard filled with the scent of orange blossoms. 





No comments: