Saturday, March 6, 2021

Meet Artist Jan Atwood-Ramey

2021

 

Jan Atwood-Ramey

 

O-017 Xan by Janice Atwood-Ramey wc 12x14 $1200

One picture, one idea, can send me on a journey of creativity. I love that journey!

 

I have always been interested in portraiture. My mother was an artist and I was always fascinated by her oil portraits of my sister. I spent hours drawing faces.

 

Now I try to expand my horizons with a floral or landscape and have some success but I am always happy to return to portraits.

 

I have developed some skill in pastels as well as watercolor and use both depending on what the subject seems to be best suited for.

 

This portrait is of my grandson, Xan, at age 14. He is changing so rapidly that each portrait that I do of him seems to be of a different person.

 

                             Jan Ramey


No comments: