Saturday, March 6, 2021

Meet Artist Judy Ryder

 July Ryder

ARTIST'S STATEMENT

O-055 Bee-Target- by Judy  Ryder wc 22x22 $1200


I stepped into the world of art seven years ago when I took my first photography class.  Taking photos opened my eyes in a new, inquisitive and expansive way to what was around me.


As one thing often leads to another, a photographer friend encouraged me to join Popi Tyler's watercolor class. This was an invitation to learn something new. Her weekly class provided an opportunity to sink into the study and practice of painting while observing my emerging style and expression. Popi has been a wonderful teacher.


When I paint, I open to my evolving creative process, and I love how it offers an element of surprise between intention and what is finally captured on paper. As I was drawn to the abstract in photography, I also enjoy combining realism and abstract in my paintings.


My home is in Sebastopol, California, where my husband and I raised our family and continue to reside.


Judy Ryder

judyryder43@icloud.com

707-888-8501

No comments: