Thursday, May 2, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Jan Atwood Ramey

 Jan Atwood Ramey

2/4/24

T-002 Blue Jar by Janice Ramey pastel 12x15 $650


    I live in the beautiful small town of Sutter Creek. Our area is blessed with many talented artists so I have had many wonderful teachers close by including Jeannie Vodden and Sabina Turner.

    My first love is portraits but I try to stretch a little bit and do some landscapes of flowers once in a while.

    I use both watercolor and pastels and dabble a little in oils and a acrylic, whatever works best for the subject.

    I have been drawing and painting most of my life but have had more time after retirement from nursing. I remember drawing faces over and over as a child. My mother was an artist and did some beautiful portraits so I think that is where I developed my interest.


                                                                                    Jan


Contact Info

janicerae@comcast.net

209 257-1207


No comments: