Sunday, May 12, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Samantha Thull

 My name is Samantha Thull, I am a Bay Area native growing up in Pittsburg, CA. In my younger years many of my art teachers inspired me. They provided me with tools to create and appreciate my individuality and how I expressed that. I created sketches, drawings, and crafts to express myself. In many ways art helped me through my own personal struggles and to overcome grief in my life. Art has always been a part of me and there for me when I needed it.

O-101 Delta-Spring Breeze by Samantha Thull 12x16 $50 SOLD

As I grew older, I started to really appreciate my Bay Area home and all the beautiful landscape that surrounds me. Because of this I started to sketch more and got into photography as well as painting. I am always trying to capture the life of the green hills of Mount Diablo or Black Diamond Mines or how the water of the Delta flows. This amazing place has brought so much inspiration to my work and to who I am.

T-025 Flora, Fairy of the garden by Samantha Thull 12x16 $165 SOLD


I am now married and have 3 boys who I have created pieces of art with. I try to give them tools to express themselves and find their own creations through self-satisfaction and their individuality. Seeing and being a part of my children's lives has also inspired me through their imagination and combination of our own storytelling and collaborating characters. This brings us so much love and happiness, and so many wonderful memories. Art will always be a part of my soul, a part of the air I breathe, the wind on my face, the colors of the sky, and the very thing that makes me, me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!