Saturday, May 25, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 artist Popi Tyler

 Santa Rosa

Artist

Popi Tyler

O-055 Riding-the-Southern-Cliffs by Popi Tyler mm 22.5x15.5 $1400


"The fluid medium of watercolor always brings me surprises and joy.


The most wonderful experience happened to me in kindergarten when my teacher handed me jars of finger paints and paper ... I've never looked back!


Since then, I've had the good fortune to study watercolor here in the US, in California, Nevada, Hawai'i, and in Mexico and Greece.


I have been the honored recipient of two awards from Ironstone Vineyards Spring Obsession Art Exhibit in Murphys, California: The 18th Annual Ironstone Vineyards Family Choice Award in 2015, and a First Place Blue Ribbon in the Open Division in 2021.


Hoping to be a perpetual student, forever learning, my studies continue under two great friends and master watercolorists, Dale Laitinen of Placitas, NM, and Christopher Schink of Santa Rosa, CA.


For 15 years now, my group of treasured artist friends and I have been gathering together on Fridays for art mischief & laughter ... what could be better?"


Happy Trails!

O-056 Virginia-City-Southern-Cliffs by Popi Tyler mm 22.5x15.5 $1400

Popi Tyler

808.220.7452

Popi@popityler.com

No comments: