Sunday, March 1, 2020

Meet Artist Katherine Plumer

Katherine Plumer
Artist Statement

O-062 Luminous- by Katherine Plumer mm 9x12  $4525

 When you were a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?  For me, the dream of being an artist has been unwavering, blossoming and growing ever since my little hands could use a crayon.  I create art because I feel like it’s something I need to do, and because I love it more than anything else, and because of the indescribable joy of the moment when a piece that I created I resonates with someone else, and becomes something that they treasure for the rest of their life.

For most of my life, I have lived in the town of Wilton, California, a rural area south of Sacramento.  I was raised on a farm and have always had a passion for nature and animals.  The creatures that surround and inhabit my life have a strong influence on the artwork that I create.  I aim not only to portray my subject matter as realistically and accurately as possible, but also to capture the expression and soul of an animal.

O-063 OxfordOldEnglishGame- by Katherine Plumer mm 16x20 $5325

The work you see here is all done with colored pencil, which is perhaps my very favorite art medium.  Over the years I have explored many ways of creating art, and currently focus on engraving, drawing, and a mixed media style that combines elements of painting and drawing.

I invite you to follow me on social media, where you will see “behind the scenes” as I create new custom art pieces.


Facebook: KatherinePlumerFineArt
Instagram: katherineplumer

No comments: