Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Meet Artist Patricia T. Senteno


Patricia T. Senteno


O-109 Flanders Field by Patricia Senteno mm 18x18 $330


Artist Statement







I am a fiber artist working mainly with wool. I am fascinated by this natural, sustainable and pure medium that proves to be versatile, dynamic, beautiful and multi dimensional.



My pieces shown today were needle felted on 100% wool fabric. The process in which a tined needle (imagine a long straight needle 4 inches long with tines like a fish hook along the edges of the needle) was used to attach layers of wool fibers to a wool base creating a finished image, concept or idea. I used a variety of dyed merino wool roving and merino/silk blended roving to create the artwork. Each piece has multiple layers of wool fibers attached to the base which create its depth and dimension.



The Color of Peonies is an exploration of what evokes spring in the soul through the use of color and texture. It is an abstraction of a peony in bloom, unfurling nature’s secrets with each successive visit.  

O-108 Color of Peonues by Patricia Senteno mm 18x18 $330
Flander’s Field is a re-imagination of the fields of poppies that emerged in the spring after the devastation of WWI. I created this piece out of a soul journey to find beauty in one of humanity’s darkest times.



My work is inspired by nature, its colors and textures which I study and explore in order to create artwork that evokes balance, harmony and beauty in one’s soul. I create images from what lives in the outer world, a reflection of what lives within. Creating, interpreting and capturing even a small piece of the vastness of the natural world is my work. I invite you to lose yourself in the colors, textures and imaginations of what speaks to your heart in each piece and create your own pictures from the whispers you hear.








No comments: