Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Meet Artist Victoria Fout


Victoria Fout



T-017 Trumpets in Spring by Victoria Fout  mm 16x20  $400
Life can be very hard so I try to add a splash of color and whimsy by imagining my own fantastical worlds and beings, exploring the duality between fantasy and reality, light and darkness, life and death, expressing emotion, and reimagining nature.  I create fantastical creatures within surreal landscapes using acrylic on canvas as my main choice of medium. I love a colorful palette, and creating different textures so much that in some pieces, I often manipulate and sew raw canvas, include 3- dimensional elements such as fabric and acrylic mediums to elevate the painting experience to bring my fantastical worlds even more to life.



O-088 Textured Tree  by Victoria Fout acrylic 16x20 $400


I grew up in Angels Camp, California. I found my love for rt at Columbia Community college during the most difficult time in my personal life. Art became a life-raft; I found comfort, escape, therapy, and a creative outlet. Art allows me to be me, and express myself. I am now a local artist with a fresh and unique colorful perspective. I earned my BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 2016. I am currently on of the Gallery Artists showing my work at Manzanita Arts Emporium in Angels Camp. My artwork has also been shown at the Calaveras County Art Council, Ironstone Vineyards, Crafty Chicks Road Show, and at the Calaveras County Fair. I also serve as a Board member at the Calaveras Art Council.



Lost within my own darkness I find the colors of expression and joy when I paint. My art is an invitation into my world, welcome.

No comments: