Saturday, April 13, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Judy Day

 Judy Day Bio:

T-011 Spring is Sprung by Judy Day wc 15x18 $225

I have a degree in graphic design and taught middle school for over 25 years. I've work4ed in all media including animation, sculpture and photography, but watercolor and drawing are my favorites. In watercolor, I like the way the pigments mix on the paper and flow from the tip of the brush, I can play for hours with paper, paint and water. Add some salt and a spray bottle and I'm set for a day or two.

T-012 Black and White by Judy Day ink 10x12 $125


I love learning new techniques and using new colors and combination of colors. I paint and draw every day from only a few minutes to 8 hours or more, I simply love it.

O-025 Ore Wagon by Judy Day wc 13x17 $200


I am inspired by, hum...almost anything at one time or another. Landscapes or seascapes, anywhere in the world, Norway, Brazil, Italy, Greece or around the corner on China Graveyard of up on Electra Road.

 I see a combination of colors, shapes or textur4es and they reach out and grab me. Sometimes animals do, like the elephants in Shi Lanka, or the Koala in Australia, portraits of my grandchildren are always fun. Glowers in my yard or in a vase on my table, like I said, almost anything.

O-026 Warm Snow by Judy Day wc 21x28 $350


Playing with paint or drawing becomes a push or pull between the process of painting and drawing and the product you can produce. Do I just sit and play, or do I want to work on a piece of art to hang in the gallery? Sometimes I am having so much fun playing I am surprised a "Painting" is the result.


I teach drawing at the Amador Senior Center the 1st. Friday every month and watercolor painting in groups of 6 weeks at the Sutter Creek Gallery.


I like painting on 300 LB Arches cold pressed paper with Daniel Smith watercolors and drawing on Strathmore papers. 

My work can be seen at the Sutter Creek Gallery in Sutter Creek, CA.

No comments: