Saturday, April 13, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Patti A. Fulton

 FACES IN TIME

Patti A Fulton

Artist - Illustrator

O-005 Muse by Patti Fulton pastel 16x20 $525


Drawing has always been my epithet in art. I obtained a Fine Arts degree at the age of 19. I thin landed some gallery gigs and sold a few pieces. The next few years I did some sailboat traveling.


Upon return, I was hired at the University of California, School of Medicine as an illustrator at the age of 25. This basically served as the next phase of my art education as a Medical Illustrator for UCSD/School of Medicine and Scripps Research in La Jolla, CA for the next 25 years.


I left my career and So Cal. and moved to Northern Idaho in 2001. I then spent the next 20 years being a rancher and working as a designer - abandoning my drawing. 

O-006 Icelandic-Herd-by Patti Fulton pastel 16x20 $495


But the desire to draw never left me, nor did my pencils and drafting table, schlepping them everywhere I went - just waiting for me to pick them up again.


After relocating back to California and the beautiful Sierra Foothills in March of 2019, along came a little thing called COVID. I was laid off from my job as a designer and quarantined for 9 months.


It is then I picked up my pencils and began to draw again - this time for myself. My love of animals, my life with horses and the ranch life led me to familiar images. I've always been fascinated with faces - eyes and the story the lines in someone's face tell, from the inside out.

O-007 Ben & Josie by Patti Fulton pencil 16x20 $375 SOLD


My experience in the finely detailed art of medical illustration, anatomy, and patience gave way to my exploration of these faces and the fine detail.


Thank you for sharing your love of art!

___________________________________________________________________________________


Commission upone request * Prints available

kinkinghorsegraphics.com

kickinghorsegraphics@gmail.com

707.486.6198



No comments: