Saturday, February 6, 2021

Meet Artist Judy Day

 Judy Day



T-002 Daffodils in Rust by Judy Day  wc 16x23 $175.00

January 25, 2021

I attended Art Center School of Design and CSUN and have a BA in Graphic Design and a teaching credential in Art Education. I taught middle school art for over 25 years in Southern California. I’ve worked in all media including animation, sculpture, photography, and illustrated three children’s work books, but watercolor is my passion. I like the way pigments mix on the paper and flow from the tip of the brush. I can play for hours with paper, paint and water. Add some salt and a spray bottle and I’m set for a day or two.

 

O-031 Happy Aglianico by Judy Day wc 20x27 $325

I moved to the Sierra Foothill Gold Country following my retirement, and began studying with several local artists. I love learning new techniques and using new color combinations. I paint every day from only a few minutes to 8 hours, if I am really inspired.  I paint because I simply love to,

O-030 The Hikers by Judy Day wc 16x20 $250

I am inspired by humm…almost anything and everything. Landscapes or seascapes, anywhere in the world, Norway, Germany, Italy, Greece, or around the corner on China Graveyard, or up on Electra Road. I see a combination of colors, shapes or textures and they reach out and grab me. Sometimes animals do, like the elephants in Shi Lanka or the Koala in Australia, portraits of my grandchildren are always fun. Flowers in my yard or on the road side. Like I said almost anything.

O-029 Lonesome Christmas by Judy Day wc 12x16 $175

Playing with paint or drawing becomes a push or pull between the process of painting or drawing, or the product you can produce. Do I just sit and play or do I want to paint a picture? Sometimes I am having so much fun playing I am surprised a “Painting” is the result.

 

I like to paint plein air, but that is not always possible, so I have hundreds of photographs of my travels and the nearby areas. I can pull out the photos and there it is my inspiration. I like to paint on 140lb. Or 300lb. Arches cold pressed paper and use Daniel Smith Watercolors.

 

Please enjoy a piece of my passion.  Judy Day

No comments: