Friday, February 26, 2021

Meet Artist Victoria Fout

 

Victoria Fout

O-056 Show-your-feathers by Victoria Fout mm 16x20 $450

Life can be very hard, so I try to add a splash of color and whimsy by imagining my own fantastical worlds and beings, exploring the duality between fantasy and reality, light and darkness, life and death, expressing emotion, and reimagining nature. I create fantastical creatures and surreal landscapes using acrylic on canvas as my main choice of medium. I love a colorful palette, and creating different textures so much that in some pieces, I often manipulate acrylic mediums, sew raw canvas, include 3dimensional elements such as fabric to elevate the painting experience to bring my fantastical worlds even more to life.

I grew up in Angels Camp, California. I found my love for art at Columbia Community college during the most difficult time in my personal life. Art became a life-raft; I found comfort, escape, therapy, and a creative outlet. Art allows me to express myself. I am a local artist with a fresh and unique colorful perspective. I earned my BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 2016. My artwork has been shown at the Calaveras County Arts Council, Ironstone Vineyards, Crafty Chicks Road Show, Manzanita Arts Emporium in Angels Camp, and at the Calaveras County Fair. I also serve as a Board member for the Calaveras Arts Council.

Lost within my own darkness I find the colors of expression and joy when I paint. My art is an invitation into my world, welcome.

No comments: