Friday, February 26, 2021

Meet Artist Lorna Ho

 

A Spiritual Journey Through Art

 

A strong influence in my work is my Chinese cultural background. I was born in Hawaii and although I don’t speak or write Chinese, I have a great respect for Asian culture.  I particularly admire calligraphy and use It in some of my work.

 

T-008 Spring Impressions by Lorna HO acrylic 22x18 $1950.

As I paint, I feel that it is a meditative process where I get in touch with my inner being.  It is a spiritual practice for me regardless of the subject or result.

 

Brush strokes are freeing for the body.  My goal in art is to make it a spiritual practice which engages my mind, body, and soul. What drives me to create are the inner visions that come from the soul.  The process and resulting painting id the combination of mind, body, and spirit.

 

Lorna Ho

No comments: