Saturday, March 25, 2023

Meet 2023 Spring Obsession Artist William (Bill) Wittmer

 

   William (Bill) Wittmer

 

O-074 Three Persimmons-on-a Green Plate by William Wittmer pastel 16x20 $290

 I started painting in the ‘90’s using my father’s oil paints and easel. He was a doctor, but a lifelong artist. I retired from the Oakland Fire Dept after a 30-year career responding to thousands of events including the Cypress Freeway collapse and leading a Search & Rescue Team to New York for 9-11.

I studied portrait painting with Beth Batchelor in Danville; landscape and still life with Victoria Brooks in Sacramento. In the Motherlode, I have attended plein aire workshops with Chuck Waldman and Kathleen Dunphy; landscape classes with Heine Hardwig; and figurative and portrait painting with Peggi Kroll Roberts.

O-075 Poppies-on-Wittmer Ridge by William Wittmer pastel 16x20 $200.

My wife and I share a studio in our home in Angels Camp.

I now work primarily in oil and pastel; but, have worked in watercolor, acrylic and gouache. I use photos as reference for many of my paintings – easy to have beautiful photos with the Central Sierra landscape.  These days, I am interested in returning to plein aire painting and look forward to spending more time outdoors.

Painting is a love and passion for me. I hope you enjoy my work.

wcwittmer@caltel.com

 

No comments: