Friday, March 17, 2023

Meet 2023 Spring Obsession Artist Shalaka Mulherkar

 Shalaka Mulherkar

T0012 Spring Forth by Shalaka Mulherkur wc 14x11 $480

 ABOUT ME

I am Shalaka Mulherkar and I reside in the charming East Bay city of Danville in the foothills of Mt. Diablo. I moved to California from India 20 years ago and have been living in the San Francisco Bay area ever since. I studied Architecture in India and have worked as a UI designer. Along with my husband, I have travelled across the country and hiked in many national and state parks, where I have seen awe inspiring landscapes and breathtaking color palettes of the changing seasons.


ABOUT MY ART

Growing up I was always fascinated by the patterns, textures and colors that surrounded me, and sought to capture them through paintings. Visiting all the art fairs in our area and seeing the work of wonderful artists inspired me to begin my own journey as an artist. I have found true expression in watercolors, a medium that is dynamic yet lucid, able to exhibit both transparency and texture. I find joy and peace in seeing the beauty in nature come to life on paper and I hope to inspire those same feelings in my viewers. I have been featured in competitions by International Watercolor Society, with one of my paintings recently exhibited by IWS India and another currently on tour by IWS Bulgaria.



408-334-4915                SHALAKASDESIGN@GMAIL.COM        @SHALAKA_MULHERKAR

PHONE                           EMAIL                                                        INSTAGRAM

No comments: