Thursday, March 21, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 artist De Ann Freitag

 Murphys Art Glass & Mosaic 

 Murphys, CA 95247

510.499.3556

Artist: De Ann Freitag   


O-048 Grapes on the Vine by De Ann Freitag mm 18x12 $450

 

   I took my first stained glass class in 2002 at the Stained Glass Garden in Berkeley. Since I was working full-time  and raising 2 middle-school aged daughters In Alameda then, it could only be a hobby. I started out cutting glass at my patio table in the garden. Gradually, grinders and saws were acquired, and the work placed moved to take over half of our garage. Now we have moved to Murphys, I have a basement studio which is great! I love all the colors and textures of various glass that exist in the world. It is fun to create panels, tissue box covers, candle holders, airplant display pieces… so many options! 

O-046 Art Deco California Poppies by De Ann Freitag mm 14x14 $275

  Early on, I could not bring myself to discard the larger pieces of glass that came from cutting a piece for a panel, so I saved almost all shrapnel and added making mosaics into my repertoire. I have mostly made stepping stones but have also created some waterproof wall art for the garden. It is satisfying to use almost every material I purchase in some piece of art. Below are some other examples of my work - I hope you enjoy!

O-047 Irridescent Irises in a Garden by De Ann Freitag mm 15x12.5 $325


No comments: