Saturday, March 16, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Johanna Archer

 

JOHANNA ARCHER  - ARTIST STATEMENT

 

3rd. Place Winner Open Division  O-038 White Peonies by Johanna Archer oil 36x36 $1750

I was raised on a farm in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa and enjoyed drawing my surroundings from a young age. I honed my passion with a fine arts degree from Potchefstroom University, followed by a career in advertising for Young & Rubicam before immigrating to the United States.

 

O-039 Breakfast in Malibu by Johanna Archer oil 16x40 $890

I worked as a sculptor with world-renowned Gerry Kirk and Bruce Phillips at the World Sand Sculpting Academy in San Diego, California, where we won the 1993 U.S. Open Masters Sandcastle Competition. After moving to Los Angeles, I joined the Christopher Slattof Studio and spent several years sculpting life-size figures in clay.  

 

O-041 Autumn Stroll by Johanna Archer oil 34x30 $790  SOLD

Currently concentrating on painting, my preferred medium is oil on canvas, which imparts a subtle transparency and richness. As my background is in sculpting, form is a big influence in my art, with a focus on color and the play of light and shadow. I am continually inspired by the magnificent beauty of nature, as well as my own spiritual journey.

 

O-040 Erato Rising by Johanna Archer mm 36x36 $1350

Being exposed to different cultures continues to shape my art and the perspective from which I create. My goal is always to make a connection with the viewer and to capture memories, atmosphere, and places, for myself and to share with others. I find it very rewarding to preserve on canvas the special and meaningful moments of my clients’ lives.

 

T-016 Spring Daffodils by Johanna Archer oil 16x20 $380

No comments: