Thursday, March 21, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 artist Margarita Anderson

 Margarita Anderson 

Artist Biography

O-075 Explosion! by Margarita Anderson acrylic 12x16 $325

With paint3ers, writers, and musicians on both sides of my family, art was something valued and expected in my upbringing. I grew up hearing my mother play Chopin and Mozart on the piano daily. Bookshelves lined the walls with classic poetry, novels and histories. The house was full of paintings done by my grandmother, my aunt, and my mother.

O-076  Roses with Oranges by Margarita Anderson acrylic 11x14 $275


Though I majored in English in college, I also took several classes in the elements and history of art. I event had the good fortune to study under Elmer Bischoff and Joan Brwon at Berkeley. But thereafter, life got busy. I got married and moved to the Central Valley where my husband and I raised our four children. Many years elapsed before I came back to my roots and took up painting again.

O-077 Flowers and Squash by Margarita Anderson acrylic 11x14 $275


Eleven years ago, I began taking classes locally. Again I was blessed with a wonderful teacher, Vince Walsh, whose weekly classes have been a tremendous help to me. I joined the city Art League where I have come to know many local artists who continue to inspire me. Motivated by the natural beauty of California and influenced by both French and California Impressionism, I paint in acrylic both outdoors and in the studio.

O-078  Fishing at Dawn by Margarita Anderson acrylic 11x14 $275


Please visit my website to view more of my artwork at margaritaandersonart.com

You can follow me on Instagram at Margaritaandersonfineart.

No comments: