Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Meet Spring Obsession 2024 Artist Phyllis Berger

 

Artist Statement

Phyllis Berger

 

T-019 Date Night by Phyllis Berger wc 19x22 $535

I live in Stockton, but I grew up outside of Clements and still consider myself a country person.  I have always loved Calaveras County. My son and his family live in Arnold, which greatly enhances my affection for this area. Spring is my favorite time to be in Murphys, green hills, flowing creeks, and snow just a short drive up the hill. And of course the Ironstone daffodils! I appreciate Ironstone and other resources in Calaveras County for promoting the arts.

 

I am a law professor and attorney, and recently retired from active practice and teaching. My work, family and community activities have kept me very busy over the course of my career, but retirement gave me the time to begin painting. I took classes and met many wonderful friends in the local art world. I especially enjoy rural subjects. Painting every day during the Covid lockdown year kept me occupied with a productive activity and gave me the goal of creating something every day. It has become a motivating life enhancement.

 

No comments: